Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We're almost parents :)

This picture was taken at 32 weeks. I've done lots of growing since then, but I still wanted to share this picture.
 It's one of my favorites that my cousin took for us.

 Mike found and refinished a dresser for Jentry. It turned out BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before Mike got started on the dresser. But here it is once the project was well under way! To start with it was a dented, scratched, old, light colored wood dresser, with ugly gold handles....but now after lots of sanding, it's been painted black, antiqued, covered with a satin varnish, and has gorgeous brushed silver handles. Her dresser is way nicer than mine is! haha. He's worked so hard to make sure we have things in order for her arrival :) I love him soooo much! Today I finally washed all her outfits, and started to pack a hospital bag. I still need to get a few things from the store before I feel totally prepared for her to be here, but for the most part we are set! 20 days (at most) to go! Yay for almost being a mom. I am so so so excited!


My handyman :)

2 comments:

Nick & Che` said...

i LOVE your maternity pics!! They turned out so cute! :) Can't wait for you to be a momma! :)

Rachel (Borup) Johnston said...

ok guys I need to know how you did that dresser!! It's sooo beautiful and he's using SPRAY PAINT? and how did you make it look distressed (if that's even what you call it when it's a little sanded on the edges)...like do you do that after or before putting on the shiney stuff? see? I don't even know the right words. please help me =) they are gorgeous mike!


my favorite shirt.