Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jentry McCall Coombs

After being induced and laboring for 10 hours and about a minute of pushing (thanks to my brilliant nurse who suggested the rest and descend method!)...My sweet baby girl was born on June 21, 2011 (The first day of Summer!) @ 10:30 p.m. She weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 21 inches long :) I was induced for two reasons: 1) I was one day overdue, and 2) My mom was going out of town in a couple of days and I really needed/wanted  her support :) Originally I was opposed to being induced, but since I had met my due date, and had begun the pre-labor process on my own (dilated to a 3, bloody show, etc.) I figured what the heck, lets go for it. Surely she would have come on her own shortly after this anyway, but after experiencing the agonizing pain of  labor contractions and having my water broken, I was sure glad I didn't wait to let happen at home! What an excrutiating drive to the hospital that would have been! So, I'm counting my many blessings :) My epidural took a while to kick in gear, but once it did I was able to enjoy the process of birth and becoming a mommy. Mike was incredible (as I expected he would be!) through the entire process and never left my side. He helped me so much the first couple of days recovering & adjusting to life as a parent and has continued taking care of Jentry and I since we've  been home. We feel so lucky that he's our daddy. Jentry is for the most part a very mellow baby and we feel so blessed that she is ours forever.

Here she is on her one week birthday :)
Jentry McCall Coombs
...Love, Sierra, Mike, & Jentry...

3 comments:

Tearsa said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad she is here and all is well. You are right, an induction is way better than your water breaking at home and the car ride to the hospital in labor. I have done it both ways and I would choose an induction.
We hope you have a beautiful blessing day next week. Wish we could be there!

Nick & Che` said...

She's ADORABLE Sierra!! :) Oh my goodness what a cutie! I'm so glad labor & delivery went well! :) Congrats!! :) She is beautiful!

Rachel (Borup) Johnston said...

such a doll! so happy for you guys. have you moved? what's new? blog soon...=)


my favorite shirt.