Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tender Mercies

This week I was blessed beyond words. I became a mother. Meeting our little Girl, sent to us from our Loving Father in Heaven has left me feeling completely overwhelmed with his goodness. I know that Heavenly Father knows me. I know that he trusts me with his sweet daughter. This experience has caused me to reflect on the past year when we lost our first pregnancy and I was just heartbroken-- but I knew I had to learn something from the experience. I knew I needed it to grow. Well, I'll tell you now, I've grown, become more patient, and I have tried to become more worthy of the Spirit in my life at all times---and worthy of the blessings my Father in Heaven wants so desperately to give me. I am certain I still have a long way to go in becoming like the Savior, but holding my baby girl in my arms for the first time, sure made me feel like Heavenly Father was giving me his vote of confidence. For this, I am more grateful than I could ever express. As I thought on this, it reminded me of Elder Bednar's talk 'The Tender Mercies of the Lord'....and how tender they truly are.
"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20)." -Elder David A. Bednar

1 comments:

Nick & Che` said...

That picture made me teary eyed! What a sweet Daddy. So glad she's here!! :)


my favorite shirt.