Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

23 years young :)

I have the sweetest husband ever.
Just so everybody knows :)

This move to Arizona has been smoother than I expected. I guess I've grown up a bit since I got married, and cried about being too far away from my mom (I lived in Layton, and she lives in Clinton). I've made some friends here--- but now it seems like that was all for not since we just bought a house roughly 15 minutes away from here. So, new friends I'll have to make all over again. BUT that's okay. At least I've got Jentry, Mike, (& Travis) to hang out with until that happens. Originally I thought having my brother live with us would feel 'crowded', but it's felt like a huge blessing. He's home a lot more than Mike is, even though they're both in the same medical school (Trav is one year ahead). But I don't think its the cirriculum difference per say that lets Travis be home more, I think it's just that they are two different types of students :) Whatever it is though, I love not being home alone so much!

Last night Mike and Trav surprised me with a chocolate satin pie all lit up with candles to celebrate my birthday (yes we were all up at midnight). It was so fun and thoughtful of them. I also got to open a card from my mom and mom in law, and opened a gift from my mom. She got me perfume!! Something I have not had since shortly after I got married, and mine ran out. It just wasn't one of those things I felt like I could afford since aquiring the budget of a newly wed. So, THANK YOU MOM! Now I get to smell like a woman again :)

This morning I was greeted with lots of kisses and strict instruction not to lift a finger in the house :) Which I agreed to. Then, after getting out of bed, I found a couple of sweet love notes from my honey. Having birthdays while in school (or while husbands are in school) isn't always the best (that goes for anniversaries too), but I've learned that we just have to make the most of it. Someday we'll have more time to be together. Til, then I just enjoy Mike, for all the minutes I can when he isn't immersed in studying something. I know that he's SUPER busy, but I also know that he's doing it to better our future as a family. He works so hard for us, and I am so proud of him.

He's doing great in school. He wouldn't always say so, but he's got VERY high expectations of himself. He told me that he does this so that even if he fails to meet his goal, he'll still likely do 'well' (or something to that effect)! Anyway, I'm so blessed to have the family that I do, and to feel so much love from them everyday :)

I'm a teeny bit jealous of everyone's comments about FALL. I used to LOVE fall, even though it meant back to school time :) Here in Arizona it just barley started to cool off, and we're still in the 90's most days. I think we have some cooler (like 80 degree) days coming up here. Oh well - we did choose to live in the desert! I guess I can give up FALL for a few years so that I can enjoy a very mild winter :) (You win some and you lose some, right?!)

I just started getting into the Paparazzi Accessory business, it might be a total flop but we'll see. I'm having fun with it for now.

Love to all of you,

Sierra.

0 comments:


my favorite shirt.